Don’t let this green juice fool you, it’ does have pineapple but the jalapeño will add a serious punch into your life. JalePina juice as available at both locations at Yonge and st Clair, as well as in the junction at Runnymede and Dundas.
Let’s talk jalapeno:
1. Weight loss: Peppers contain a chemical known as capsaicin, which is actually what gives peppers their hot properties. Capsaicin is also good for helping you lose weight. It literally burns away calories and fat.
2. Arthritis: Capsaicin acts as an anti-inflammatory, which makes it great for reducing swelling and pain in those who suffer from arthritis.
3. Cancer: the capsaicin found in peppers actually is able to kill some cancer cells, specifically prostate cancer cells. Does this mean a cure for cancer is just around the corner? We can always hope.
4. Headaches: The capsaicin in peppers blocks the neuropeptide known as Substance P, which is a main pain transmitter to the brain. What this means is that peppers can actually help to ease pain.
5. Nasal Congestion: The heat in peppers, again caused by capsaicin, clears the sinuses. It even helps to fight sinus infections by cleansing the airways.
6. Ulcers: Peppers kill bad bacteria in the stomach and intestines, and often this bacteria is what leads to stomach ulcers.
7. High Blood Pressure: Jalapenos are a chili pepper, and chili peppers commonly have lots of flavinoids, Vitamin C and Vitamin A that help Lower one’s blood pressure.
8. Fluid Loss: Too much fluid in the body is bad for the heart. fluid can build up around the heart, putting a strain on it and potentially damaging it. peppers cause you to sweat, and the more you sweat, the less fluid there is in your body.
9. Heart Attack: The peppers inhibit the buildup of fibrin in the body, and fibrin is a major ingredient for blood clots to form.
10. Anti-Oxidant Properties Because of the flavinoids and vitamins found in jalapeno peppers, these peppers are excellent anti-oxidants, which means they work within the bloodstream to help the body fight off and heal from damaging cells.