Amongst its many health benefits, matcha…
1) High in antioxidants. Antioxidants are the magical nutrients and enzymes responsible for fighting against the negative effects of UV radiation, giving us younger-looking skin, and preventing a number of life-threatening maladies. Antioxidants are something that all health-conscious individuals seek from such foods as raw fruits, green veggies, and (let’s not forget) dark chocolate.
2) The first amazing benefit of Matcha Green Tea is that just one bowl provides over 5 times as many antioxidants as any other food – the highest rated by the ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) method. Is packed with the powerful antioxidant EGCg. Out of all the antioxidants, EGCg is the most widely recognized for its cancer fighting properties. Scientists have found that Matcha Green Tea contains over 100 times more EGCg than any other tea on the market.
3) Boosts metabolism and burns calories. Matcha increases metabolism and helps the body burn fat about four times faster than average.
4) Detoxifies effectively and naturally. Matcha is also a powerful detoxifier capable of naturally removing heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body. Very high levels of chlorophyll in matcha.
5) Calms the mind and relaxes the body. L-Theanine (amino acid found in matcha) promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain which induces relaxation without the inherent drowsiness caused by other “downers.”
6) Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
7) Enhances mood and aids in concentration. Another side-effect of L-Theanine is the production of dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals serve to enhance mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration – something that can benefit everyone!
8) Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
9) Prevents disease
10) Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar. Matcha lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol while at the same time displaying higher levels of HDL (good) cholesterol.
11) Fortifies the immune system
Matcha is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.